Test strips are available at a variety of locations around Vancouver Island Health through the Vancouver Island Drug Checking Project. Please visit substance.uvic.ca or more information.
The following locations use both FTIR and immunoassay strips (fentanyl and benzodiazepines) in their drug checking services:
- Canadian Mental Health Association (CMHA, 126 Haliburton St.): Friday 4pm-8pm
- SOLID Outreach (1056 North St.): Monday-Friday 10am-4pm DROP OFF/PICK UP ONLY
- Points- Travelodge (AVI Health and Community Services; 123 Gorge Rd East): Monday- Friday 1pm-5pm
- Lantern Services (820 Cormorant St- entrance in parking lot): Wednesday 10am-4pm
- Harbour (941 Pandora Ave.): Monday 3pm-7pm
For more information about the technologies used to test drugs at these Victoria sites, please visit the Research tab on the Vancouver Island Drug Checking website.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to COVID-19, some services have been suspended or changed to accommodate safety measures. Please check the links below to confirm current service operations.